Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by jungleboy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hi all.

New here. I consider myself new to motorcycling too although I've been getting around parts of SE Asia on a scooter for many many many moons now.

Looking forward to exploring Oz on two wheels!

2. Welcome jungleboy, so what is it, an elephant? what do you ride? where are you from? vic,nsw,qld?

3. Welcome to Aus, or back to Aus? Anyway - welcome to bikes and welcome to NR.

4. Thanks goddie and kneedragon!

I am in NSW. Currently not riding anything. Waiting very anxiously on a Suzuki tu250x.

What do the red helmet icons next to your name mean?

5. helmet icons are a measure of how many posts you've made

so I've got lots of 'em :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider :)

6. They're like a forum post rating, each time you reach a certain number of posts you get another helmet.

7. Welcome to Netrider mate. Many in here have had the privilege to have ridden around SE Asia as well, so your stories will be enjoyed amongst the many others herein (y)

8. Welcome to Netrider! It's a pleasure to have you here, I'd be more than glad to read about your adventures around Asia.

9. Welcome to NR.

10. Hey Jungleboy, welcome. I learned my tricks on scooters in SE Asia too, but saw the light and got a real bike in Oz. Still love me 125cc scooters though.

11. Thanks guys!

Any advice on how to safely post a helmet interstate?

12. Yeh. Me too. Vespa is relaunching the P150 (Manual with EFI etc). Would love to keep one.

13. gday Jungleboy,

welcum to NR mate.. which area u from in sydney???

cheers

14. Cheers everyone.

And sorry for the super super late reply!

I am in Chippendale. Am cutting my teeth on a Suzuki TU250X. It's my first bike that isn't a scooter and am so far loving it. If you see someone on a TU250X in Sydney with a big fat smile on his face its most probably me!

15. I also have a tu250 and have scootered in Asia, Thailand, Bali and Malaysia.