Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Motard (NEW BIKE!)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by nathanshnoz, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Hey all,

I'm about as excited as a fat kid with a cupcake!
    Picked up my new bike yesterday, i bought it as a Christmas present to myself. It's a DR-Z400SM. That's right, SUPER MOTARD BABY!

Now taking into account the fact that i used to ride a 250 Cruiser........oh my god........if i loved riding on the cruiser, i have a very serious addiction now!

The big 399cc single cylinder has plenty of pull in all the gears, the front brakes are like....well......they are very good :)

My new baby takes corners like she was born to do it, and last time i checked, she was :p Corners can be taken at surprising speeds and the bike just soaks it all up and asks for more! The front wheel helps pull you into the corner....its just.......fcukING INCREDIBLE!

I cannot believe that i ever considered riding anything else!

This huge stupid grin as been transfixed on my face since 2.30pm yesterday, and i just can't get rid of it. I know going from a cruiser with no clearance to a motard with the most clearance makes a big difference, but shit, its a fun bike!

enough of my excited ranting, below is some manufacturers pics. i wont be home till boxing day night so i will post up my real pics then. but no pictures do this bike justice, in the flesh it is quite simply, a sexy mofo!

Nath

Oh yes, and lets not forget mine has a yoshi exhaust on it too...sounds v nice :twisted:

80060009_DR-Z400SM_SS.

Original09_DR-Z400SM_3_4.

80053306_DR-Z400SM_G3.

I promise i will post up the real pics when i get home :)

2. Looking forward to seeing this later on today Nath. Go the Mulletard!!! :LOL:

3. they aren't exactly slow either! had a drag with my mate who has the same bike, it pulls away very nicely from the little vtwin 250

4. Congrats on the new machine. Nothing like a new ride to brighten one's day.

5. congrats, these are awesome bikes and u will have a great time :grin:

6. congratulations, what a top self pressie have fun and enjoy

7. Nice dude, i love motards so you get my vote.

8. well done....now get to the MR and strart hooning :D

also get it on the karts tracks. theese things were born for it.

9. I went from a VSTAR 650 Custom to a 125 MadAss to a 2007 DRz400SM that I recently picked up.

Yes you'll have a whole lot of fun and good luck getting through the 10 pages in the user manual on how to use the onboard computer!

10. Cool bike, very seldom hear a bad word about it.

You'll have to join the VSMR forums now for their super cheap track days.

11. well here is a genuine pic of my new beast,

i have already done nearly 1000k's on her in 2 days :p which includes the GOR and Black Spur (thanks kieth) :)

26-12-08_1900.

12. good on you!
    Ive recently had two Husky 610 motards, Aprilia SXV 550 and now a Ducati Hypermotard.
    I'll never get another type of bike.

13. hehe :LOL:
    Congratulations - I upgraded my 250 cruiser a few weeks ago too, and I can't keep off my new bike either!
    What a fab chrissy pressie :grin:

14. Congrats on your new machine.
    :LOL: :LOL: You look like you're about to run over your own leg...

80053306_DR-Z400SM_G3.

15. What - no pictures of you riding it yet? Slaaack

16. thats actually a manufacturers pic, so its not me on the bike in that one. there are some pics of me riding on the spur, but i don't have them yet.....

now i cant ride it anymore until i get the first service..too many k's already!

this thing gets more and more enjoyable to ride by the day...i very proudly overtook some sportsbike riders on the GOR yesterday! :p

i'm going to need some more power...so some mods will have to be sought out

17. I like it :cool:

Nice work on racking up the K's, too.

18. thanks man. i can't wait to take it on some NR rides. It looks about 100 times better in the flesh.

the worst thing is i cant really ride it anymore until i get the first service done, better get onto that quick smart tomorrow morning!