Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello ...... I'm Vincent ... and I'm a BIKEAHOLIC

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by VCM, Aug 7, 2007.

1. :p Hi All ! Been lurking here a few weeks now, have just joined up and thought it best I introduce myself.
    I'm 46 yo, married with 3 kids ( 24, 21, 13 ) and a 4yo Grandson.
    Self employed and havent really ridden a bike since i was 15/16.
    Anyway having a few friends with bikes, and also a couple that own a bike shop ( Dandenong MotorCycles ) <<< free plug? , the inevitable happenned. I got my learners permit ! 1st June.
    Being a lil short ( 5'4" ) chosing a bike was a little difficult. And not being sure whether I would be riding off road or on, I chose to look at a dual purpose bike. Ended up with a Honda SL230.. just love it!
    I have only really begun venturing out on the roads the last week or so.
    Am now riding to work and my FEAR of traffic has subsided, confidence has improved.
    Anyway I just wanted to say Hi and most IMPORTANTLY ... THANK YOU !
    Why Thankyou???....
    ..... Because what little skills and confidence I have attained is mainly due to the help and advise I have found here. I have learnt more here than I thought was possible. I have also been given a sense of 'belonging' and feel like I have been welcomed into this wonderful world of two wheels by a genuinely great bunch of people.
    Thanks Again !

Bit long-winded.. I know :p
  2. Hi VCM,

welcome to the madness that is Netrider :)
  3. Welcome VCM.

Good on ya for taking the plunge at 46. Most people I know from work that are in mid 40's or so are already saying " oooh i'm too old to start doing that, or i'm too old for that" :cry:
    I think BLAH!
    Age shouldn't be a barrier.

Good luck with the licence :biker:
  4. Heh, try telling that to my 52yr old mother and father ;)

Welcome VCM :)
  5. Hey 52 is young - and ain't it great to ride...

6. Welcome Vincent! Getting out there and giving it a go is the best way to build confident and skills, as you're discovering. Well done :grin:
  7. Welcome aboard, and welcome to the 2 wheels brigade. :grin:

Anything you need to know ask away my friend.. :cool:
  8. Welcome and you are right they are a great bunch I so agree. :grin:
  9. Thanks for the Welcome :grin:
    I'm sure I'm gonna feel very much 'at home ' here