Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by KateO, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm Kate, nice to meet you.
    Currently on my L's and learning to ride on a cb125e. I have really been enjoying the journey and developing my skills as I go.
    My next major milestone is passing my license test :)
    NR has been an amazing source of knowledge and hope I can share some helpful tidbits in return.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome Kate!

3. welcome to Netrider Kate :)

4. G'day and welcome, KateKate. Congratulations getting your Learner rider license and CB125E! All the best passing your license test; let us know how you go.

5. Welcome KateOKateO
    Where are you based ?
    Try to get down to a learner session if you can for some practice and skills that will help you on your journey.

6. Welcome, Kate!!!

7. Welcome KateOKateO , bikes = fun :cool:

8. welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and bike :)

9. Welcome Kate and congrats on getting your Ls and a bike. There is a thread on here outlining the Saturday morning practice in Elwood. This is a good safe environment to practice whilst also catching with several riders on here. There is another thread on Learner social rides that you may be interested. Looking forward to seeing you on a ride one day...
    Ciao for now
    Shauna

10. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction to two wheels!

11. Welcome to NR..

12. Thanks everyone for the responses! :) thanks Stever42Stever42, Melbourne based and have recently done the HART check ride as part of the new licensing system (not compulsory for me but worth doing anyway)
    Looking forward to joining some other skill development sessions too, any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello
    Kate

14. [and the mad cake eater enters left stage]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Welcome Kate. I'm looking forward to you sharing those tidbits in return. Thanks in advance, Lionz (30 ish on certain sites).

16. Guys guys guys! Guess what?!
    I now have my full license! Yay!
    Not really much change except no large yellow 'L' on the back of the bike
    I had found it difficult to find information about the new test for vic so if anyone is after some more info, let me know.
    Also, did you know you are meant to indicate as you exit a roundabout?!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. congrats :)

18. Nice work :) new gixxer thou?

19. Congratulations, KateKate! It's a pretty good feeling isn't it.

Indicating exiting roundabouts has been in effect in NSW since the mid-Nineties; I've never seen another vehicle do it in Melbourne in the twenty years I've been regularly driving there and assumed it wasn't a road rule in VIC. Do you know when it came into effect in VIC?

20. Congratulations Kate, nice job!

Indicating leaving roundabouts? I know you are supposed to but it
    only seems to cause confusion from my experience. The law says
    'where practical' - define that.