Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by thisisjoe, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Hello,

I am Joe, I got my learners permit and a 2009 CB400 around three months ago. Enjoying every minute on the bike so far, and finally got around to doing a bigger trip last weekend. 750km over two days (not huge I know but gotta start somewhere), it was incredible and the bike didn't miss a beat.

Anyway, hoping to do bigger, longer, and more frequent rides in the future. Will be going for the licence in two weeks.

Looking forward to absorbing some wisdom from Netrider in the future.

2. Gday, good bike choice.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome Joe, a 750k trip is a good one, where did you go? Have you been down to Saturday practice in Elwood/St Kilda at all?
  4. welcome aboard :]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hi and welcome Joe, congrats on purchasing a top bike, the CB will give you many trouble free rides.
    Something like THIS?
  6. Went Frankston-Officer-Launching Place-DonValley-Badger Creek-Healsville-Toolangi-Castella-Kinglake-Kinglake West-Strath Creek-Ghin Ghin-Whiteheads Creek-Seymore-Pyalong-Tooborac-Lancefield

Stayed the night in Lancefield, me and my brother checked out a motorcycle trial in the area (used to ride them). Then off to;

Cobaw-Newham-Mt.Macedon-Woodend-Tylden-Trentham-Got lost somewhere here, started running low on time so straight to Meredith and onto Queenscliff for the ferry back to Sorrento and home.

Haven't been to the practice, as I usually work Saturdays. I am hoping to check it out this weekend though.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Haha, yeah I have been eyeing that thread off for a while.
  8. You sure have been clocking up some kays, I recall seeing a trials event out that way too, on the Tooborac rd for memory, many years ago, great to watch!

Keep an eye out as there will be quite a few rides posted up where you can get along and meet the friendly folk at Netrider. There's a little something for everyone :) Hope to see you on a ride sometime (y)
  9. Welcome to NR...

That is one good trip you took. :D
    • Agree Agree x 1