Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Whittlesea

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Snowie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

Been around bikes for a long time. My husband is a long time rider and I've spent many, many hours as a pillion with him. Finally decided that it was time for me to do something about it, so went and did a HART course and got my learner's and a bike about 3 weeks ago. I've been very lucky to have someone like hubby to follow me around and so far have done about 80km on the back streets of our town. Was doing pretty well until yesterday, when I tried to take a corner in 3rd gear (thought I was in 2nd), locked the back wheel up and promptly dropped the bike :(

Have found heaps of very useful information on this forum and am looking forward to getting to know some of you.
  2. Hi,
    All the best for your quest on 2 wheels and hope you find what you are looking for. The learning never stops. Good luck.
  3. Welcome.

Many good riding roads so close to Whittlesea.
  4. Welcome Snowie :D

Enjoy the fun that 2 wheels will bring you :)

It is good to have your own private mentor ;)
  5. Thanks Res, Wok & Kitt for your warm welcomes.

Kitt, I know I am extraordinarily lucky to have my very own mentor ... and on tap!!! LOL

You're absolutely right Wok, I have some of the best bike riding roads in the state on my doorstep ... just gotta work up the courage to tackle them!!!!
  6. I have my own private mentor too ;) , it's a great feeling knowing someones out there with you ...

Oh and guaranteed you will lurve the road from Whittlesea to Kinglake West once you get out there ...
    Each time we go out ... I anticipate doing that road ....... just pure awesomeness ...
  7. Howdy and welcome!

How did you lock the back wheel up? Trying to figure out what you did so I can avoid doing it myself if I can...
  8. Kitt, I used to live on Whittlesea-Yea Rd, Kinglake West, I have driven the road from Whittlesea to KLW countless times and could probably do it with my eyes closed, know all those bends like the back of my hand ... BUT maybe not the same story on a bike though :|
  9. Hi Devochka, I locked the back wheel up by taking the corner much slower than the gear I was in could cope with ... I thought I was in second (and was probably even travelling too slowly for that gear) but was actually in third. I know I kicked down to get into second, but I'm guessing that I just didn't kick it down hard enough to get it into second.
  10. Hi Snowie and welcome to NR

Looks like the future Wittlesea morning tea breaks will be at your place. :LOL:
  11. Thanks for the welcome Grey ... you and the lads (and lasses) are always welcome at my place for a cuppa if you're passing through.
  12. Hi Snowie and welcome to Netrider. Lots of us may have to take up your kind offer of a cuppa - I certainly pass through Kinglake often enough during my rides to Kinglake and beyond.
    Enjoy your stay here :)
  13. Hi Snowie and welcome :)
  14. Hello, welcome and enjoy the forum
  15. Thanks for the welcome Nick, Cougs & Wobbly :)