Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Western Suburbs Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Danesun, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Hi all,
    new to forum. Current ride 2015 BMW S1000RR, daily Hysoung 250 GT. Always loved bikes, I've stepped up a little recently with the BMW.

Bucks is this years GP and I'm getting married on Phillip Island early next year

My cousin has a house on the island so I am down there a fair bit

Hitting CSS later in October to improve skill as I think I will take on the track after i learn correctly.

I have a HZ one tonner as well which i have fully rebuilt.

I am undecided if my next project will be another car, a classic motorbike or try my hand at building a dedicated track build.

Also been sniffing around a super blackbird to rebuild as I have never touched bikes as far as rebuild is concerned and it would be a good one to get started as they are relatively cheap.

If anyone out west rebuilds I am happy to lend a hand or beer in exchange for your wisdom, even some tools for workshop space for the day as I like to learn the right way.

2. welcome aboard :]
  3. Welcome, that is quite a variation in your stable.
  4. Welcome mate, some nice rides! CSS should be fun!!
  5. as long as the better half never finds out the cost then all is good :)
  6. 3 of us doing it, even a mate on KTM 390 wants to learn to corner better, thats the main goal really, learn how to unleash the RR safely
  7. Wife and I want to do this next year, what's the level 1 cost approx?
  8. $595 for level 1, you can use your own bike, check with your insurer if they cover a track day event, it's not classed as racing and some even classify it as educational and improve your skills. Worst case a broker can cover you but can cost up to $275. You can also hire their 2014 S100RR's which is another $500 but you don't need additional insurance, its all covered. Check your gear is track ready to as they are pretty stringent on gear level and your own bike condition. You also have to tape the glass on your bike, a tip I have read is to remove the light fuse so you don't bake on the residue. There are 4 levels all together with limited class sizes so you get the most out of day, i think level 1 is 3 riders to 1 expert
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Welcome to NR..
    CSS should be good. Post your views and opinions after you've completed it.

Would love to do this one day...