Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from the Icicle Capital

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wrekitt, May 12, 2011.

1. Hello Everybody,

I have been looking around this forum for a while and riding for just over a year. Got dragged into riding by a mate of mine who has been doing it for years and I haven't looked back since.

I mainly commute but there are some lovely twisties in and around Canberra to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to actually joining in some of the discussions around here rather than being a passive observer.

2. Welcome to NR mate. Lots of info on these forums and there are lots of people who are willing to share their knowledge.
  3. welcome :D

is it snowing down there at the moment?

it's true - some very nice roads nearby to you - love the older kawasaki's!
  4. The bike was the very first one I took for a test ride after getting my L's and after it all the newer ones I tried just didn't have the same feeling to them.

It was also half the price of the others and with only 13,000 k's on it I thought it was a good deal.

5. Ha Ha... It isn't snowing right now but I can't vouch for the next week at this stage. :roll:

I fell in love with the bike the first time I rode it. (literally around the block once for the test ride before I put down the deposit) It hasn't let me down once so far but it does seem to have the same issues I have about wanting to go to work on cold winter mornings...

I guess I will have to get some pics up soon to show just how good this bike still looks after 28 years.

6. Yup..Pics please! and Welcome to NR.
  7. [​IMG]
    This is a photo from last year at it hasn't been cleaned in a while unless you count riding in the rain.