Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from the Central coast, NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by spacerider, May 31, 2015.

1. Hey folks, just wanted to introduce myself.

It's more than 10 years since I was last in the saddle, and my father and I have decided to adventure ride up to Cape York.

I purchased a second hand Yamaha Tenere as my adventure bike :), did some modifications, kitted it up so it was ready to go and just perfect. Well, some mongrel proceeded to steal it from my driveway :mad:. Fortunately insurance paid out so it's bike shopping time again before our trip next month.

Having fun reading the posts here so far.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi Alan & welcome to NR. Just up the road from you in Newcastle.

I'd love to be able to do a big adventure trip someday, although right now I don't think the budget would quite stretch to a third bike.... ;)
  3. G'day Alan, welcome to NR. Losing a motorcycle - or anything - to theft leaves a bitter feeling. Thank goodness for insurance. Good luck with the new bike search and the trip to Cape York next month!
  4. Hello and welcome to NR Alan :)

Very sorry about the theft of your bike, especially the one you modified and got ready for your trip. All the best with finding your next ride and have fun on your trip! Looking forward to seeing some photos!
  5. Welcome to NR, and welcome back to the saddle. Commiserations on the theft - always hurts more when you've got the bike 'just so' - hopefully you have better luck with the next one.
  6. welcome aboard :]
  7. Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    • Like Like x 1