Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from the Blue Mountains (V2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Sir_Juggsalot, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Hi guys and gals, My names Rob , I'm 25, and I'm from Woodford in the Blue Mountains. I've been lurking around on these forums for a while now and have only just registered. You all seem like great people and the knowledge I have gained from here is invaluable.

Been wanting a bike for a few years, so the other day when I was at the RTA getting my MR Licence I bit the bullet and booked in my learners course.

I go up and visit my dad every now and again, who lives just outside of Coffs Harbour, and we ride the State Forrestry trails up there on my Kwaka KLX125. Its the greatest feeling ever hopping on a bike and flying through the bush after spending 9 hours on a train getting there!

So yeah I have just sold my Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo, and looking at getting an early 00 model GPX250 just to learn on and muck around with mechanically.

I was originally going to get a Hyosung 650, then an RVF400 (from sunmoto lol), then a brand new Kawasaki 250r, but eventually decided on a GPX. I think the knowledge gained from this site has saved me about 5k already!

I hope to be riding an 07 GSXR600 in a few years. Cant wait!

-Rob

2. Welcome Aboard Rob !
    :biker:
    Glad NR was able to assist you and inevitably save you $$$$
    Membership has alot of advantages, and for 10 lousy bucks you get a lifetime of em
    again .. welcome mate!

3. Greetings from Katoomba :) Good choice of bike with the GPX!

4. G,day Rob and welcome. :wink:

5. Hey Rob,
    Welcome to the site