Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Tassie :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kylegpx, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Hey everyone :) just thought I might introduce myself as I am new to the group ,
    As it says my names Kyle Dennis , I'm 19 and live up in Perth near Launceston , I have no riding experience but just recently swapped my older Honda civic for a 2006 Kawasaki gpx 250 with only 19,000 ks . It does unfortunately need a new back tyre , chain , service and tune up ( quoted 700-800 bucks :( ) . I'm doing my learners course on the 27th and 28th and will be riding on the 30th :) . I also do a bit of camping and 4wding with my 80 series landcruiser , so if anyone on here does a bit I wheeling I would love to go for a run :) , and whilst your reading this :) if you have any or know of any work I would be interested as I am running short on cash and have the expensive rego for the bike on the 20th of feb
    Anyway that's a bit about me

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Kyle, if you are short of cash then there are a lot of things you can do on the bike yourself. Generally if you are replacing a chain then you should do the sprockets as well. Worn sprockets will damage a new chain and reduce its life. You can do this yourself.

Rear tyre if you take it off yourself and take it to the tyre place they will charge you less for labour. Changing oil and oil filter you can do which should cut down your costs.

Good luck with the Learners.

3. Hi,good luck

4. Hot in Tassie today..... I was in Hobart last Feb on my GS 39.1c not happy going through the national parks

Cheers

5. Hey mate, welcome to NR.

we just got back from Tassie last week! i noticed there are HEAPS of learners getting around Launnie this year... shouldn't be too hard to find someone to go for a ride. I THINK Suzuki at the bottom of mowbray hill used to have a group go from there every now and then but that was years ago and it MIGHT not have been learner friendly.... I reckon just say g'day if you see someone with an L plate... Learners are generally keen to meet people they can ride with.