Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Tasmania

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Callumatic, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Hello. I'm new here (obviously) but I'd just like to say hi.

I think I should talk a bit about myself. Right now I have neither a bike or a licence, that being said I do plan on getting both soon. I'm looking at almost every one for sale. I am also a major car enthusiast and have been one for as long as I can remember and I can't help but wonder how some of the roads in Tasmania are like on a bike. Anyway, I'm very much a motorcycling noob who has no actual riding experience. Hopefully that will change very soon.
  2. Welcome CallumaticCallumatic best of luck with licence and finding a bike you like. There are some Taswiegians on here that can give you the low down on Tassie roads.
  3. Tassie is bike heaven. You will definitely enjoy. Welcome to the forum and soon to be bikes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Welcome mate. Whereabouts in Tassie are you located?
  5. Welcome to NetRider CallumaticCallumatic! I would love to visit and ride in Tassieland.

Good luck for your bike licence and search.
  6. Welcome mate :cool:

Love to do Tassie in the future, it's on the list :)
  7. welcome aboard :)
  8. Around Devonport
  9. Welcome from a fellow Tasmanian. After very many years of getting around in cars a bike is a good way of making the road fun again.
  10. Nice, I'm in Ulverstone, work in Railton though. Might see you out and about once you get your licence!
  11. Welcome Callumatic.
    I was in Tas in February. Riding the back roads around Launceston with my son, is what did it for me.
    Tassie is an awesome place to ride. Gets real cold in winter though.
    Hope you find the bike you're after.
    My son's Kawasaki 250 Dominator is up for sale. He's hoping to upgrade to a bigger bike this year.
  12. Howdy & Welcome to NR!