Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by kodiak, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Hello,

I'm happy I've found this nice community, so decided to join, if you don't mind.

I'm Andras, moved to Sydney recently for about one and a half year. What better place to get back to riding than OZ? So I'm on my way of purchasing my first bike on this half of the universe, most likely a large, classicly styled naked (ZRX or CB are the ones I'm looking for really).

I used to ride back in Europe, got my license about 15 years ago (at the age of 16, so guess how old I am), was riding Eastern monsters (like the MZs and some Russian makes most likely looked at exotics here, but was the dark reality of those days). Then got up to a CB450 later on, and had a FZR1000 for a couple of months as well.

Unfortunately I was moving around way too much during the following years (in crappy parts of the world like Toronto and Glasgow, UK) to have a bike, so I stopped riding for a couple of years, but now keen to get back into it.

Planning to do some shorter, day trips with you guys, maybe some weekenders and also preparing a longer, 16-17 days tour down to Tassy and back up through Aidelade towards late summer. Maybe looking for fellow riders, but it's too rough at this stage. Working on it.

That's all, have a safe ride everyone!
  2. Andras, welcome to our lovely country, where the summer really is summer, not warm rain, and riding weather is easy to come by.

Best of luck in finding a bike, and re-acquainting yourself with riding (not to mention getting used to being on the 'wrong' side of the road :LOL:.)

Hope to see you round the traps, come down and check out the fabulous Illawarra and the Macquarie Pass, keep you eye out for an old blue Hornet, that'd be me :).
  3. HI Andras,
    Welcome to the forum mate and good luck with the bike hunt and maybe we will see you out there soon
  4. Welcome to NR Andras :)

Often wondered what it would be like to ride in a town like Toronto (winter.brrrr)....now I know!

What Hornet said. Check out Mac Pass when you get your ride!
  5. welcome to netrider mate.
  6. You guys are awesome, thanks for the kind words and advices (in and out of the public forum). See you soon on the road :)