Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by yoshiwaan, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Hi Guys and Gals,

it's a pleasure to be a member of this fine establishment!

I've just started looking for a bike again after a year of not having one. I lived in London for a 18 months (I left a year ago) where I got my license. I got my license over there as part of the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) which allows you to do multiple days training on larger bikes and your test on a large bike so you skip the restriction period. For some reason I still ended up on a Ninja 250R over there, it was going to be a temporary thing but I really liked its chuckability in the corners and the fact you could manhandle it almost like a bicycle.

After I sold that bike and headed back to Oz I moved to Sydney (I'm originally from Adelaide) and have finally got some disposable cash to pick up another bike. When you dream about doing something so often I think it's a good choice to do it in your waking ours as well, so I'm really looking forward to having a bike again.

I had my heart set on a Street Triple, but unfortunately for me, even though I had my full license in the UK as I'm under 25 (I'm 24) and had my license for under 3 years they put me on my P2 over here (until November). As such I'm currently looking for a fun LAMs bike in the more advanced side of the spectrum. I'll be making the obligatory "what LAMs bike thread" soon enough, I've read pretty much all of them on here already (been a lurker for a while) but none of them answer the questions I want answered. I'll link it back to this post after I make it.

I've got one other friend who rides in Sydney, and I try to convince my boss to get a bike every week, but looking forward to meeting some new friends/riders and would love some recommendations for good roads to ride on around Sydney as I'm not originally from around here.

I went and did a few test rides on the weekend and got my first riders nod in a long time. It felt good to back in the fold :)

Edit: here we go, I'm nothing if not thorough: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?p=2094988#post2094988
  2. Hi Yoshi and welcome to Netrider mate !
    It's a pleasure having you aboard with the rest of us - enjoy !