Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from South Sydney :-)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by katizaah, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hello everyone,

About a month ago I bought my first motorbike =D, a 2012 Suzuki vl250 and fell in love with it, was at a bargain price with under 4000kms at $3700, person needed to sell for money so after missing out on other bikes I travelled a couple of hours to get this bike cause no one else probably wanted to go further then Sydney since most of these in late years and good price were snapped up quickly, so I was lucky. My bike currently sits in my garage cause I don't have my Learners yet and have only had one ride on the back of it since pretty sad to view it everyday and can't ride yet, I booked in for next week to get my learners having gotten the courage to go for it !

I have all necessary protective leather gears, I scored quite a few bargains from ebay, good brands, little use too. My helmet and gloves I bought new of course. I did a lot of research to find what was good after never even hearing about any of these brands before.

Anyway I have never driven a manual car either but I found a clear simple video that has dissipated my confusion on gears clutch and the like, hope it's alright to share this for other beginners in a similar situation ? I was so excited I finally understand, after being told verbally about it but it still didn't register in my confused head haha , but this did.

Anyway I hope to one day join a riding group day when I can venture on my own, I do plan to do a course after my learners first. And this morning I saw a motorbike accident up my way that was hit by a car, not sure the extreme of it but the bike looked intact from what I could see, however not a nice feeling. Hopefully the person is ok.

Thanks for reading :)

2. Welcome! From where in Sydney are you?

3. Welcome, and good luck for the L's course.

4. thank you both :)

I am in the south of Sydney shire area :)