Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from South Africa

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Oldman Prof, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hi there,I'm from Cape Town ,South Africa,work from home on the older m/cycles and hope to get a lot of info here and maybe I can be of help to you as well
    Thanks Anthony

2. welcome Anthony...........your more south than the mexicans we got here (Victorians) lol.
  3. Welcome from this Mexican umm er Victorian
  4. G'day Anthony, welcome to netrider. What sort of old bikes do you work on, got some pics to show?
  5. welcome to NR
  6. G'day Anthony. Welcome to Netrider.
  7. Well these are the four bikes in workshop at this time,the green Ninja belongs to my son,as does the 11special,the bike on the bench is a 1978 Honda K,sohc with a Desmondue 750 Ducati front and back end,,my project after my son wrote off the honda and a buddy wrote off the duke,the Yamy 11 has the wireing loom of the duke in it,everything exept the ign and charging circuts,I work from home after hrs and weekends,,the GSXR-R250 is a job thats got me pulling my hair out at the moment,I don't know who worked on it before me ,I'm dam sure the coils are from a Honda 900F and I'm trying to find out what the ohms reading is supposed to be on the GSXR coils,and what the float level should be,got it at 17mm and still seams to be flooding untill the revs pick up,didn't check yet myself but the customer say he sees a weak orange spark,thats why I'm thinkink wrong coils,dunno,I'll get back to you on that,when I get the specs.
    Thanks nice to be here

Attached Files:

8. Welcome to NR. Nice garage! :)