Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from rural Vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by aquasj79, May 15, 2016.

1. I am a new rider. First lesson was about 18 months ago. But after thinking about it for 12 months decided to have another lesson and a go at getting my learners. Woo hoo!! I passed it!! Then on to buying a bike. After chatting to lots of people and sitting on many bikes in many show rooms I settled on a Honda Shadow VT400. It is just beautiful! Sits so well on the road and it looks after this learner!

I think that as a learner there is so much information available. If I didn't understand a point about riding e.g. counter steering; there was so many videos, magazine articles and people to chat to that helped all to sink in.

It is such a great community to be a part of, every rider I have come across has created a new conversation and one that may never have happened before. I look forward to being part of this online community and participating in many more conversations! Chat soon.:)
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Welcome aboard :)
    Congrats on the Ls and the bike :) The VTs are a great looking bike.
    Plenty of info and help to found on site too
    • Like Like x 2
  3. gday aquasj79aquasj79 welcome to NR and congratulations on getting your L's and your first bike!

riders are generally nice people but you will meet the nicest riders here at Netrider.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum and to the world of riding. We have members all over so what part of rural Vic are you. You may find someone to ride with in your area.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Howdy and welcome to NR. :happy:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the welcome! I am just outside of Euroa. After a brisk ride this afternoon, now about 8kms off of 4,000km since picking up the bike. Certainly has been an adventure!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hello and welcome to the forums aquasj79aquasj79 :happy: Gorgeous bike to explore stunning part of the country you call your backyard. I'm looking forward to some photos of your adventures together :snaphappy:(y)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Welcome to NR...

One of my colleagues grew up in Euroa.. And still has family there as well...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It is a gorgeous part of the country. The Strathbogie Ranges have been perfect for learning to ride in and around. The most dangerous things have the farmers and the wild life!!;)
  10. G'day and welcome, aquasj79aquasj79. Your VT400 looks marvellous - I bet you're still congratulating yourself for having that second lesson and getting your Learner rider licence! The great conversations I've had here and on the road have been such a welcome and unexpected aspect of motorcycling too.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Hi aquasj79aquasj79 welcome to the forum, sounds like your really enjoying the ride. Clocking up plenty of k's.......
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. I know the area we because I was living in Jamieson and working Adelaide for 9 months.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have found that motorcycle riders are very passionate people. They know what they know and they know it well.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Howdy aquasj79aquasj79
    Cool choice of bike! :)
    Welcome to the madhouse...
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Belated hello and welcome aquasj79aquasj79, great lookin cruiser you have.

Keep a lookout for rides in the upcoming months where it'd be a great chance to come along and meet some (more) Netriders. Bright/Omeo and Jindabyne being quite popular. (y)
  16. Thanks NedNed! I spend hours combing the internet for rides! :whistle: Try to get on as many rides as I can - create a few myself with a small group. Please tag me in some if you know of any. By the way - I LOVE my cruiser! She is just beautiful :smug:
    • Like Like x 1