Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Penrith

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by YZFR, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Got my L's a few months back and hopefully i will be getting my Yamaha YZF-R125 soon (early next week)

I know it's just a 125 and i would get sick of it after a few months but im getting it to commute to work and learn on and upgrade a few years later.

Hope to meet you all sometime on the L sessions :D
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. welcome to NR, get yourself down to homebush and hook up with the guys there, meet n greet and get some headsup on road craft etc.
    keep smiling :)
  3. Welcome to NR. Ride safe and keep tags on the Learners thread at Homebush. Ozyoda, Chris is having a few weeks of break. Some of us will try to go down there when we can. Enjoy.
  4. Got the bike.

It's looking good and i want to get it serviced with new oil and filter.

Any recommendations on workshops ? I dont mind getting my hands dirty as i have been servicing my car for years now but im completely new to bikes and have no idea on how to remove the fairings.

Anyone interested in meeting up and teach me a thing or two about bike maintenance ?
  5. Welcome to NR. Have fun riding around the 'Riff! I grew up there :)
  6. Welcome :)

Why do you want to service the bike when you've only just got it, if you don't mind me asking :?
  7. Hi neighbour !!! Enjoy ur new bike
  8. Thanks everyone :D

@ Hornet, i got the bike 3rd hand. 10,000k's on it. The last owner had new brake pads and fluid changed but he didnt get an oil changed.

I took it to a local bike shop and had the oil, filter and spark plug changed. Cost me $130 and it seemed simple enough if i know how to remove the fairings.

Also Im scrubbing in the new pirelli sport demon tyres so im taking it easy to get used to the bike

Cant wait to ride with you all
  9. Here's a pic, all cleaned up

10. Hello YZFR, nice to have you here. You may find the beginner advice threads of interest, particularly the cornering 101,2,3,4 etc ones. Some real good tips there, and lots of conversation. As RickyRock said, there are organised practice sessions with coach / instructors at Homebush. Very helpful, lots of fun, social as well as instructive.

Welcome to the party.
  11. Welcome to NR. :) I lived in the Penrith area for about 10 years. Went to Cambridge Park High. I know the area well.

Nice bike. Looks sweet.
  12. thanks Kneedragon and minglis.

I'll be reading the newbie section the whole week.

The front brakes are a bit touchy so im not sure if it's the new brake pads or thats just how the bike is with brembo brakes. Im taking it easy and squezzing it gently though
  13. Welcome to Netrider. :)