Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from North Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Micayl, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Hello, everyone. I have been lurking these threads for a fair while and have recently purchased my first bike so what better time to join?

I have always loved motorcycles and riding but due to some long term knee and back problems I thought I couldn't go for it. I'm 31 years old and finally the drive for the better of me and I got my RE licence (my motorcycle Learners on my open licence since 2000 :)) and purchased new Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 about 2 months ago. The forward controls are comfortable for my knee (I can't bend it back anywhere near enough for a sports bike) and I love every minute of riding I can get :) I can't recommend the bike enough it really is the best of both worlds with very modern cruiser styling and the Ninja 650 engine underneath. Purchased it with a custom build exhaust pipe and it sounds evil

The only regret I have is not doing this all sooner but that just means I've got plenty of riding ahead of me to catch up on!

I'm in the North Lakes area (just near where Brisbane meets the Sunshine Coast) and would love to meet up for a ride whenever anyone is keen.

Thanks for reading..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to NR and the world of bikes..

As they say...better late than never..
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers! And very true :)
  4. Hello and welcome to NR MicaylMicayl. Congratulations on getting your licence and your ride. My friend rides Vulcan, and it is very nice looking machine (his is very deep purple!), and he is very happy with it too :)

Good on you for succumbing to the notorious "riding bug". It looks like you are truly bitten, and as you know, there's no cure!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, mine is the same deep purple color as your friend's. Looks great in low light but I'm not the biggest fan of the metallic purple sparkling in direct sunlight sometimes :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hey Micayl, welcome to NR. Congrats on your license and bike too. Take care out there as you catch up on the miles you've missed out on
    • Like Like x 1
  7. G'day and welcome, Micayl. It's great that you've found a bike that you can enjoy riding comfortably and south-east Queensland isn't a bad place to be on a motorcycle...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome aboard :] great bike choice
    • Like Like x 1