Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from N.T.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Dom_NT, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Hi! I'm Dom from Northern Territory. I've been riding for only a few months now, learnt on a Honda CRF 150 on some dirt roads. As far as riding 'on road' I just did the basic M.E.T.A.L. course on the weekend just gone. Good course, learnt heaps. I get my CBR 250RR back from the shop tomorrow (it's been there for 12 weeks!!!) and can't wait to ride!!

2. Welcome to netrider mate. Good to have you on board :grin:

12 weeks :eek: what the heck were they doing to it.

3. You'll have a ball on the 250RR. I certainly did on mine :wink:
    Welcome!

4. Hey, thanks. The guy I got it from bought it in 2001, when it was imported. He rode it around for about 12 months. Then when his learners expired he parked it on his patio and it sat there untill about three months ago, when I aquired it. When he parked it it had a full tank of fuel so all the carbs were stuffed!! They did a major service and a full top end rebuild plus some other minor work and a roadworthy. The problem was that when they ordered parts for it, they were the wrong parts. I didn't think it was that hard to order parts for an imported bike. Or maybe they were just incompetent....

5. Welcome to NR.. :grin: