Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DAMon17, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Hey Everyone,

I'm David, from the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne. I've been reading the forums the last couple of weeks and now I've finally gotten around to signing up.

I got my L's about a year ago, but didn't get around to getting a bike until about 7 months ago. I settled for an 03 VTR250 which I am very happy with. I got the bike because public transport from my place to South Melbourne was taking about 1:20 (and in January almost 2 hours) which is not a great deal for $150 per month.

Now I have my bike and it takes me about 45 minutes and costs less than $20 per week in fuel... and I actually enjoy the ride to work.

I must say it's very nice to see how people band together here, and even on the road I find the attitude of other people on bikes to be far better than the interaction you get from other car drivers when driving a car.

I feel that I have taken a step into a better world of transport. Now I'm just waiting until I can get a bigger bike...
  2. Welcome fellow northener.. Hope to catch you on a ride some day. :grin:
  3. Hey Damon! Just make sure to nod to the fellow bikers out there.

Enjoy n.r, it's a good place.
  4. Hi Damon, welcome to NR. Bikes sure beat pubic transport eh?
  5. Welcome to NR. Check out some of the coffee nights or the rides that happen.