Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Adrian Lewer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Hello guy's I thought I would re introduce myself on here again. Been a member for about 5 ish years and use to post on here as a newbie. I am a long time friend of Jerryx4 (Jezza) and was given a motivational kick when he bought his new ride.
    I had a CBR 125 which was my first bike, I had it for just over a year (12,000 Klms ) but unfortunately my brother took it upon myself to write off my beloved BMX with a chainsaw engine and never payed me a cent, So I sort of drifted away from here as life was getting in the way (as it does with a family) and never had the means to buy another bike at the time (buying a house)

Well now I have just bought myself my first decent bike (although the BMX had its good points and taught me a lot) A Gixxer 600. I have had it now for about 3 weeks, racked up 600 Klms in the first two and now I am just waiting for the sun to shine again so I can ride her to and from work again. Someone has already tried to pinch my new ride but thank god they did not succeed (or scratch) my precious girl.

I intend to attend some rides in the future so I can get some good tips and meet some new people (and get out in general), I consider my riding to be good, in the way I look out for others, cars and my general bike handling skills, but I lack in the confidence to really push the bike, not in speed but in handeling (I suppose it will come with more experience on the bike)

I was going to buy the 750 but he sold it the day before, So I just opted for the 600.

Anyway here is a pic of the beast just before pre delivery.

Cheers Adrian.

IMG_1830.

2. Welcome to Nutrider!

3. Can't really welcome you if you've been a member for 5 years, but hello instead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goes to show how much I bothered reading of his post... Sometimes I'm such a lazy fcuker! ;)

5. welcome back

6. Hello? Hello just sounds a little weak though. Welcome back or Hi, I'm newer here than you.

Nice ride - I hope I've grown up enough not to buy one but I still like them (the 750 in particular).

7. Thanks guy's. Yeah I just breeze through post as well.