Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by mailerdaemon, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hi everyone. It's good to be a member of an Aussie bike forum. Have been a member of a couple of overseas Ducati forums for a while. Don't hold that or that fact that I ride a Duc against me :!:

Just a quick intro.

My name's Simon. Only moved to Melbourne last year. Lived in Sydney most of my life. Rode trailies for a number of school years, moving to road bikes. I kept loosing my licence, copping fines, needed something with a heater to commute and take passengers in and basically came to the conclusion that I was headed for hospital or jail so gave it in for a while. Never lost the urge though. Now that I'm a little more mature (I've got 3 grey hairs) I'm back. Been back riding now for around 2 years, and absolutely loving it.

As I've only been in Melbourne a short time, I'm sure there are still a lot of places that I haven't ridden and/or don't know about. When it's not so bloody cold, I'm usually riding the Spurs. They are awesome, except for the logging trucks on the Reefton :shock: I've done a number of track days at Eastern Creek and Oran Park and have now done one at Phillip Island. I hear that Broadford is good.

Maybe once the sun shines again I'll see some of you around, and I'll be out on my bike rather than modding it :grin:

2. Welcome Simon :grin:

You'll find the people on here have a diverse range of bikes between them so owning a particular type of bike doesn't really "get to" people. In fact you might find a lot of people love dukes on here :)

I am somewhat similar of riding when I was younger (I'm 34 now) and realised that I shouldn't get my road licence til I hit the "magical" age of 30 so here I am aged 34 been riding again for a few years :grin:

Might see you on the road sometime, if you already haven't found out, there are "ride event" forums here where people organise rides fairly often for most states, especially Vic + NSW. Feel free to join (or even announce) one or two :)

3. Welcome aboard .. :grin:

4. I am only fairly new myself, but welcome anyway mate.

5. Thanks guys.

Undii, I've seen a couple of your posts and am assuming that you've 'had an off'. If so, I hope you're recovering well.

6. Welcome Simon. Good to have you round. Duc's pass in my book but we ride a big range on here so there is no real black sheep.
    Ride to East Gippsland then over the top one day.

Cheers.
    Chris

7. Welcome Simon (although why you moved to Melbourne from Sydney defies all logic!!!)

{scuttles for corner and covers head with hands......}