Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Kiwiland!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Madguitarist!, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hi all,

Just a quick hello, I'm Darrell and plan to move to Melbourne from Auckland in a couple of months.......

I ride a daytona 650 and hope to ship it over.
    It'll probably take a while for me to settle down once I've moved but I'm hoping that meeting fellow bikers would help ease the process! :grin:

Hope to meet yous someday soonish (the VIC one anyways)!!

2. Pls to meet ya mate.. Melb is place to be as well! :grin: :cool:

3. Hi Darrell,

We will all welcome you to the main land when you get here, feel most welcome to catch up with the netriders at one of the many coffe nights,
    /egiste starts thinking up good sheep jokes :grin: :grin: :grin:

cheers
    Mark

If you rub his head it will bring you luck :grin: :grin:

4. Yeah, he's everyone's favorite. Rubbing his head brings you luck but don't rub it the wrong way cause he also delivers the warnings. :LOL:

Welcome aboard. :grin:

5. SHEEEP? WHERE? :LOL:

6. Were did my laughing post go? :? Ah, that's right, I didn't say anything cause all I could manage between fits of laughter was clicking an emotion. :cool: One again, :rofl:

7. Welcome Madguitarist.. :)

So you are leaving New Zealand to live here?
    Melbourne is a great place to live...but you will be leaving a great motorcycling place!
    I have recently been in New Zealand for 5 weeks, riding my motorbike all over both Islands and it was fantastic! :grin:
    Australia's roads are going to look flat and boring in comparison :LOL:

8. Ya, there are some really cool rides to be had here but I'm sure Oz has lots to offer too! Afterall, it's bloomin' HUGE!

What are track days like over there? (frequency, pace, organisation, etc)

9. Yeah...we are known as the wide, FLAT brown land!!

Plenty of good track days to be had over here...just name the track you want to ride on, and you'll find lots of track days advertised in the back of AMCN mag.

10. Welcome Madguitarist

and FR
    i buy plenty of mags :applause:
    but i am stumped
    what is

AMCN ?

no i am not blonde eitha :shock:

11. Hi MG.

There are quite a few track day operations here.
    PhillipIslandRideDays is essentially run by the same people who run Cali Superbike School. They are the main people who get to hold days there. A few other groups are also allowed, like DOCV may be Hangmore.
    The other operators e.g. Champions Ride Days, run days at Broadford and Winton. Shorter and tighter tracks.

12. AMCN = Aust Motorcycle News

13. :shock: :?:

You buy plenty of mags and don't know
    Australian MotorCycle News... :?:

14. Hi MG, Good to see you're making a move for the better :p

Melbourne is the place to be if you want completly random weather all year round and coffee every night of the week :LOL:

15. Thanks G

and DOH :facepalm:

16. Ok, real noob questionm where is phillipisland? Watch it on motogp but dunno where it is.

Also, how many tracks are there in the VIC area?

Oh... and.... how BIG is Melb anyways? I'll be based in Bayswater for my week long trip there later this month and was wondering how convenient it would be to try make it for as many of your coffee nights as possible?

Passport has no OZ stamp as yet so no frame of reference....... :oops:

17. You're welcome.

18. Bayswayer is in the east but it's pretty easy to get to anywhere in melbourne in a 1/2hr unless you want to travel to the west then it might take a bit longer, There is a coffee night just 5 minutes up the road from there i think (Tuesdays in boronia)

19. PI is southeast of Melbourne. Prolly 110 ish kms.
    There are prolly four main road tracks here in Vic. which includes ones mentioned above plus Calder.
    Melb is becoming spread out. Not quite L.A. (Yet)

20. Ya cant forget Winton Raceway hahaha :D