Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Geelong

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by sarge, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Hi people.
    Just joined and want to introduce myself.
    I have been looking over the old posts and found some very interesting stuff.
    I'm probably what most of you would call old at 46.But i don't feel it(except in the middle of winter when the knees are frozen)'I have been riding since my old man bought me a Kawasaki trail bike when i was 12.since then I've covered heaps of Kilometres on various bikes,most of which have been Kawasaki's.My current rides are an absolutely(in my eyes)beutifull "76"Z900A4 which I have had for nearly 20 years and still running well.The other I have only had for 3 weeks is a "07" ZRX1200R.Quite a contrast :grin: Anyway thats it for now

2. Welcome sarge! Big diff in your bikes.. you go easy there.... So wish I had got into bikes when I was younger.. but having hell of a lot of fun getting into it now! So what were you looking for in a bike that you went up to a 1200? reckon 900 woulda done me!
  3. Hey Sarge.

I'm from Anglesea, but in geelong every day. I might end up seeing you around once i get my greasy mits on a bike :)
  4. hiya and welcome :p

post up pics of ya bike!! :grin:
  5. Welcome from another old newbie from Geelong

I'm roughly in the same boat as you as far as age and taste for bikes go. I love the old kwaka's , my most recent was an '81 Z1100 shaftie, I still miss it! I'm now doing up an old bonney while I ride my Bandit 1200s. Cheers to many more years of riding!
  6. Welcome aboard fellow Kwaka rider.. :cool: