Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello From Dubbo

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by portablejim, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hello! I have been thinking about buying a bike and so doing research about it. Along the way I found this place. So I thought of signing up.

I have recently gotten my Ls and am now on the hunt for a bike.The problem is that I am in Dubbo and the good used bikes are elsewhere. I have been looking at a Ninja 300, but am starting to think buying a new one for $7200 (or even a bit less with talking the dealer down a bit) is unwise.

One of the things with being in Dubbo is that the training courses are not required (or offered) in order to get my licence. Also, bike transport is expensive (~$400) and I would want to travel to any second hand sellers to check the bike out myself.
  2. Welcome to Nutrider. Try going for a holiday to Sydney and visit some stealerships while you're there.
  3. Welcome to NR. I get that buying a bike in Dubbo might be more 'challenging' but I'm sure housing is a lot more affordable than in Sydney!
  4. We don't have an RTA Motorcycle training centre in Orange either, but we're expected to head to Bathurst for ours which is a pain. It's been a while since I've looked but are there any used bike shops in town? If not I'd say just keep an eye out on gumtree/ebay or in the Daily Liberal for a LAMS bike if you can be patient, and if not just add the cost of transport into your budget.

If you really want to ride, you'll make it work! If you happen to see something around Orange you like, let me know and I'm happy to help you out of I can.
  5. Welcome to NR. I prefer the Honda and that price seems reasonable.
  6. fcuk Honda. Especially for a bullshit single. The zzr is a better bike and its half the price. Why haven't you bought it yet? Buy it tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That ZZR looks like a good deal to me, go check it out! Would be a good first bike IMO, a friend had one and he loved it. Nice colour too.
  8. I almost rushed too fast in getting the zzr. Didn't remember the research I had done as to what to check for, and so missed out on some checks. The seller is unavailable for the next week (family emergency), but will notify me when they get back. They seem fairly Ok, getting rid of the bike due to upgrading.

I can't tell if I am being too paranoid or not paranoid enough.
  9. Don't worry mate, those bikes are nigh on bullet proof. Even if something is wrong with it, it will be fixable relatively easily and won't cost the 2 grand gap to the Honda.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I've bought it and gotten it home. Rego has been transferred and 3rd party insurance gotten.