Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brisvegas

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by SlowPoke, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Hello all. I've been reading Netrider on and off for a couple of years. Decided I'd join after finally getting my own ride in July last year (2012).

It's a Suzuki GSX650FU and it was a close call between it and a Hyosung GTR650. Only difference was a bit more for the Suzuki but it has a gear indicator.

I went through Q-ride to get my open RE license and I remember stalling the test ride at the lights a lot (Honda VTR250). So the bike with the gear indicator won..

I'm a bit of a weekend warrior but try and ride to places if I can. I've been looking through the QLD rides forum and there's Thursday night & Saturday morning rides?

2. Welcome Slowpoke, A good choice but you wont need the gear indicator soon, it becomes second nature.

3. Hi cjvfr. I ended up repeating the gear number out loud after each shift in my road test to remember what # I was in. With 6 gears to choose from it might take a while to stop glancing down at the dash :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome SlowPoke!

You're right about the Thursday night and Saturday morning rides. They have their own threads I believe. You might occasionally see me on the Saturday morning ride, depending how it fits with other stuff I have on.

Where do you like to go riding?

5. I do shift work so wouldn't be able to make it in time for a lot of TNRs. But Saturday morning rides I can attend.

I go from Annerley to the petrol station/Hungry Jacks at Rocklea sometimes for a ride..pick up KFC from Kangaroo Point if the family is starving.. etc. Any excuse I can think of ha ha.

I had to ride to Parkridge, Greenbank, Slacks Creek and Stapleton last week as my uncle died in the recent floods: he was the rider swept off near Oxley creek. It's one of life's ironies that he rode a Suzuki Bandit 1200 and I didn't know :(

6. A bit of a distance from your place to roads free from traffic lights then.

7. Welcome SlowPoke ... riding around in the Brisvegas traffic will sharpen those reflexes and make the twisties even more enjoyable when you get to them.

and condolences to you and your family for your recent loss :(

• Like Like x 1
  8.  Top