Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brissy!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by TroyVis, May 13, 2016.

1. Hi All,

Have spent the past few weeks reading up here and decided it was time to jump in and sign up. I'm no spring chicken anymore and have decided it's time i had my mid life crisis!

I got my RE last year and will be doing my open license next week. I've been renting my friends BMW 650 GS on and off and have decided it's time to splash out and get my own gear. He has upgraded to a BMW F800GS and was hoping his wife would take over the 650!

I've been researching helmets, jackets and of course bikes. I had my mind set on a Ducati Hypermotard, but seeing as it'll be my first official bike I thought I'd best be getting something a bit cheaper. I like the 650GS so that's on the list, but was looking for any recommendations anyone might have for something similar?

Also any thoughts on the Hyper as a first bike? I don't plan on a new bike first up, quite happy with a second hand machine that's a few years old but with lower mileage.

Anyway, long hello, but hopefully over time I'll be able to contribute something to this forum.

Thanks for reading.
    Troy

2. Welcome to NR! There are a few Brissy riders in here - check out the Rides & Events QLD.

3. gday TroyVisTroyVis welcome to NR - congrats on the RE and best of luck with your upcoming test. I can't recommend anything in the style of bike you are after but urge you to buy with your head and your heart, if the head makes the choice you may have a roving eye sooner than you expect. as we say around here, get out and test ride as many as you can before you make up your mind. I just bought something that I hadn't even considered but the test ride blew me away and that was great.

4. Welcome and good luck choosing a bike, sit on heaps and heaps :cool:

5. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.

6. Hello from Brissy.

7. welcome aboard :) congrats on the RE, good luck on choosing a bike. Test them all

8. Thanks for the welcome guys and the advice. Much appreciated. Let the test rides begin..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bien venido TroyVisTroyVis ....

Throw your leg over and try as many as you can. Same goes for all the gear. Best off to go with an open mind when you start since after trying some you may change your mind a bit.

Check out other brizzy riders and the Qld Events page.... Oh and time to get a 2nd job to support this 2 wheeled new hobby! Lol