Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brissy Northside

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MudGSXR, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Hi All,

I'm Dwayne (29 yo from Redcliffe / Brissy Northside)

Finally got myself back onto two wheels a few months ago (GSX-R600)
    Lots of dirt bike riding as a young fella but just finding my feet on the road.

Looking forward to building my skills and meeting some good folks [​IMG]

Keen for any newbie rides initially that are happening and any good learning rides you can recommend??

Hope to see you all around.
  2. Hey, I'm very close to you, just over the bridge in Sandgate. I tend to head towards Woodford/Peachester or Clear Mountain for some good nearby routes, let me know if you'd like to catch up sometime.

Oh, and a bunch of us are doing to Sunshine Coast Black Dog Ride next Sunday, so if you'd like to join us, the thread is here

PS I am new to 2 wheels and definitely not a speed demon so I do gentle relaxed rides, not how-fast-can-I-rip-through-Mt-Mee-and-how-many-times-can-I-get-my-knee-down type rides :)
  3. Oh, and a few of us are also going to the motoexpo next Sat if you fancy a gander?
  4. Welcome mate.
    Redcliffe huh, I used to work up there it's a nice place albeit sorta secluded.

We should be having a ride somewhere eventually. The motoexpo ride seems to be happening though I'm not sure if I'll be going with a mate or riding in yet.
  5. Welcome to NR.
    Yes a Newbie Meetup ride for Brissy would be cool
  6. Welcome to NetRider :)