Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brissie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mick64, Jun 8, 2013.

1. It has taken me almost 30 years to progress from my original Honda VT250 that I dropped 1 too many times and vowed never to get another bike!

Now with age hopefully comes wisdom and I can progress and ride much more safely than i did all those years ago.

I have just clicked over 1000k's on my new Yamaha XVS 650 Classic. I wish the wisdom and the want to ride again had arrived a lot earlier than it did.

Cheers Mick
  2. Welcome Mick, there have been a few returning riders lately. Keep the shiny side up :)
  3. Those Star bikes are popular ):applause:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome! Going for a ride on the long weekend?

I've seen lots of bikes out today (currently going through Toowoomba).
  5. Hi Mick glad you hopped back on board I was torn between the yam and the honda ended up with the honda will let you know when we are going for a ride if you are interested in coming along.
  6. Thanks for the welcome Chris. Yes I am returning but still fell like a newb.
  7. No riding today unfortunately!
  8. Azza would love to hear when your going for a ride......will probably see you around Narangba!
  9. Welcome to NR Mick.

That's a nice choice of bike there. Love those v-star 650's! I'm thinking about getting one when the finances are a bit better. (maybe next year??)

10. Thanks Kow8ell

I am really enjoying it and happy with my choice, you wont be disappointed!

Cheers Mick
  11. So is that 3 of us from narangba?? Welcome mick, I'm pretty new to the site myself.
    Just sold my drag star recently, great bike the xvs.
  12. Hi Fitzer,

Thanks for the welcome, might see you around:)
  13. Hey Mick,
    I'm another Northsider (Albany Creek) and am just starting (read learning heaps)... I'm guessing we could be of similar vintage judging by your title. Anyway welcome!
  14. Hi Spotman,

Yeah my vintage is 1964, exactly same boat trying to learn as much as I can. Even doing a Stay Upright course at the end of July, if you want to go for a ride let me know.....Azza and I will be going for a ride Saturday week if your interested!

Cheers Mick
  15. Welcome Mick, vstars are a great bike. I used to have a 650 & loved it :)
  16. Hey Mick,
    which stay upright course are you going to do?
  17. Sorry Nightstar,

I didnt mean to be rude! I am absolutely enjoying the Vstar it is a great bike

Cheers Mick
    • Like Like x 1