Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by KimViv, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm new to these sort of sites, but by way of introduction I currently ride a xvs650 custom daily to work, and go for day trips on weekends.
    Just having got my open R in Qld, looking for my first big girl cruiser. As my Dad introduces me I have "ducks disease".
    So far I have test ridden the Indian Scout and the Yamaha Stryker. The Indians engine was a lovely thing, but clutch was heavy for me in peak traffic and having to go to the valley for services puts me off. Practical things I know, but then I test rode the Yamaha Styker which put a huge grin on my face.
    Any opinions from my more experienced riders out there?

2. Hi Kim, one of the guys here has the Stryker and loves it I even considered one when upgrading but wanted chrome, i'am biased but if you want a bad ass cruiser you cant go past the m109r.
  3. Hi there Azza..
    I totally love the m109r but was too heavy for me personally. One of the blokes I work with has one and I drool over it every day when he rolls in.
  4. They are big but quite well balanced and surprisingly nimble with enough power to put a grin on your face all day long there is always the smaller versions but they are not the same.
  5. welcome to NR Kim, my second bike was a 650, nice cruiser, but if you wanna go bigger the weight only comes into it when you stop or do slooooow manouvres. As long you like/love your bike, nothing else matters :) enjoy n keep smiling.
  6. Thanks heaps
    • Like Like x 1
  7. G'day and welcome, KimVivKimViv.
  8. welcome aboard :]
  10. Thanks. Loving reading all the forums and info out there.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hi Kim. Welcome to NR.