Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bobm, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Hello folks, I've just joined after the usual lurk for a while.

I appreciate a lot of the info on these pages. I am currently waiting for my new Wee Strom to land at Port of Melbourne and then I'm looking forward to getting to know my new bike.

2. Welcome and getting to know your new bike is a blast. Enjoy the ride...
  3. Hello Bobm. Welcome to the funny farm. Good to have another Brizwegion on board. (Or are you a Brizvegan?)
  4. Welcome to the nuthouse.
  5. Yay more Brizzie riders! Welcome! :)

I'm a Brizvegan. :bolt:
  6. Right... So do the Brizvegans live on the north side and the Brizwegions live on the south? I've only been here for 30 years or so, I haven't quite figured all this stuff out yet.
  7. Southside represent for me... and an "actual" vegan to boot. D:

I always thought the term for people from Brisbane was "Brisbanites". Hmm.
  8. Brizwegions?? What is this sorcery?

Welcome (y)
  9. Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am originally from NSW (many years ago) so I'm most likely a Mexican.
  10. Hey and welcome to netrider.

Southside is definately the better side. Our streets actually make sense.

And whats this Brizwegions nonsense?
  11. Welcome to NR, Bob. :)
  12. Well there seem to be Briswegions, Brizvegans, Brisbanites, Brizbanians ... perhaps Briz-illions.

The crowd north of the river don't entirely trust or understand the crowd south of it, and we only unite on the issue of what we think of Ipswich and the local fauna from out there. It's a bit like north shore V westies, or Syd V Melbun.
  13. Its just the people that make no sense. This then leads to the question, do the streets really make sense?
  14. Yeh I guess you blokes are right about the north side, I once got lost in Chermside and my family had to send out a search party.