Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Boronia

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Yahooooey, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Hi everyone,

New here but I have been riding for over 20 years, not much of a club person (hate politics), I try to ride every day (commute).

I have a 2008 Busa, and a Heavily modified Postie bike, the weather determines what I ride.

If you are bored on a Sunday, drop me a PM, love to go for a ride and catch up.

2. Welcome to the forum! Must confess I had to google maps where beronia was

How heavily can one modify a postie?

3. G'day and welcome, YahooooeyYahooooey.

If that's not a good example of owning some of the opposite ends of the motorcycle spectrum I don't know what is! Excellent stuff. I bet both are just as much fun as the other.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Welcome :woot:. Live in the Gully will keep you in mind(y)

5. Welcome to NR...

Bring the busa around to Elwood sessions one of these days..

6. Welcome YahooooeyYahooooey
    Think I might have seen you about on the Busa.
    I spend a bit of time around the area. Work off Mountain Hwy and live in Kilsyth.

A little side note for GeorgeOGeorgeO .
    I had an ex that used to work in a local Pharmacy. One day they had a shipment of air fresheners and the shop assistant who was unpacking and sorting them picked up one marked "Boronia" and tested the scent.
    Her reaction, " ooh, it does smell like moccasins ". :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. welcome aboard :)

8. Welcome YahooooeyYahooooey . Any pics of the postie bike?

9. Here you go.

IMG_9873.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  10. See above

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to NR, that's one cool looking postie bike!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to NR and yes your postie looks Good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi yahooooey, I ride sometimes to your area to eat, a place called jimmy's kebabs. Will let you know next time I'm in the area

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome YahooooeyYahooooey - that's so awesome about the postie bike... as XJ6NXJ6N said - how different can you get between bike choices? lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. gday YahooooeyYahooooey welcome to NR!

the postie has a more comfortable looking seat than my fattie. great job you've done with that. I guess you show it also?

16. Hi Chilliman64, No I don't show it, it was my first attempt at customising a bike, I some time ride it to work or to the shops at Knox shopping centre. It's a lot of fun. and it cost basically nothing to fix. As parts are dirt cheap. I'm currently working on another bike, (not a postie) that I hope to have finished in time for DGR later in the year.

17. Only a local would get away with that one. Haha.

18. well mate you did a great job, you should be proud of it!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey Yahooooey, welcome. I'm in The Basin - commute also (on the KLR). That's a great looking postie, will keep an eye out for it!

• Like Like x 1