Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Bilgola

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by cb600, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hello.

I've been riding just for 2 years. I commute from Bilgola on Sydney's nothern beaches to the CBD and have done for 15 years; 13 in a Car and it was amazingly frustrating. Then one year I went to Bali and got hooked on riding the scooters around and through the traffic there;and magically someone put in Bus Lanes all the way from Newport to the CBD.

Havent looked back since - I ride 400kms + a week on a CB600F Hornet and LOVE IT !
  2. Welcome cb600. Yes, bus lanes are wonderful. I commute Killara to Bondi Junction and the bike is the way to go, unless it is heavy rain like yesterday (yes I am a fair weather biker mostly). Filtering will be even better when it comes in although the lanes are so narrow as to make that a juggling act even without the inevitable jealous cager who decides to move to the edge of his lane.

Have fun.
  3. Welcome, there's been a few N Beaches riders popping up recently, some of us ride together semi regularly - you're welcome to join us - the more the merrier.
  4. Thanks guys - I'll look out for any rides, really enjoy going up to Wollembi on a weekend and Putty Road is on my list.
  5. Welcome along. Maybe we'll meet on the next group ride.
    Putty is on my list too
  6. Time for a Putty run methinks.
  7. Welcome to the nuthouse cb600

+1 for Putty run :)
  8. Think I'm going to need a weekday for that spin
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It's a full days ride (with breaks) and is better during the week with less traffic and opportunity for inexperienced plums coming head on to you in a corner when they run out of skill.
  10. You'll have to get off the island pretty early.
    I would like to be a different stone fruit when I get there... maybe a peach.
  11. Let's assume I made a "nice pear/pair" joke and move on shall we?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome cb600. Enjoy!
  13. welcome mate :]
  14. Thanks guys.

That KTM looks pretty sweet GeorgeO.
  15. I agree, but then I'm biased!