Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello From Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Beckn, May 27, 2016.

1. Hello All,

I am brazilian, 1.72m tall, mining engineer, university professor, musician, 57 years old, married, two kids and a motorcycle enthusiast. I had a CB 400 when I was young and am currently very interested in purchasing a big trail. Once I take the decision, I will attend some recycling courses on driving a motorbike, in particular the big ones. Triumph offers these courses at various levels in Brazil.
    I am here to exchange experience with the other members of the site on related matters.
    I have been to Australia a couple of times and love the country!

All the best to you all,

Cheers,

Beck

PS. My height will drive many of my initial interest on the bike to select since I don't consider it safe not to be able of confortably reaching the ground with the feet while on top of the machine.
    I've already checked the height of both the Triumph Tiger 800 XRx and the Tiger Explorer 1200 XR and I fit well in both of them when the stock seat is in the lowest position (actually even better in the 1200 because it is thinner).
    I wonder if the BMW GS 1200 Adventure with the lower seat option jeopardizes the confort.

2. welcome aboard :)

3. Bien venido BecknBeckn !
    This forum should provide some plenty of good info on the matter.

I concur with your assessment about height and bike height too! Being shorter than 1.5m tall, the dream of owning such a sports tourer is very slim! So can't help with your thirst for knowledge hehe good luck!!

4. #5 Rus Ler, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    G'day BecknBeckn, welcome from one country down under to another

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum.

I see we have a lot in common.

I'm NOT 1.72cm tall, not a mining engineer or professor and can't play any instruments and feel wet behind the years looking at your age. At least we have the rest in common!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. welcome to Netrider Beckn! (y)

7. Welcome to NR

8. Welcome :cool:

I'm about the same size and ride a VStrom 1000 with the lowered OEM seat. being heavy bikes, having a good footing with them is a must. I've sat on the BMW with the normal seat and the lowered seat and they were both very comfortable.

9. Welcome to the forum and may we see you Down Under so we can show you around.

10. Bem-vindo ao netrider

11. Welcome BecknBeckn - do you have an open home policy, like we all do on this site?

.................... just in case we fancy popping over to sample some of your local product.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gday BecknBeckn Olá e bem-vindo to NR!

13. Uai sô. Outro BHence por aqui?
    Welcome Beckn!

14. Ola BecknBeckn e muito bem vindo oa NetRider. Você esta um pouco longe, mais sempre bem vindo.

wlad_brwlad_br mais um Brazileiro por aqui :D Bem vindo também!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome mate, have you seen the Tiger 800 XRX Low? 50mm lower seat height if that helps.