Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello, from another newb!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Gronked, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, just wanted to give a quick intro. I have been riding for approx 3 months/3500km on a new CBF250. Have never ridden before and am having a blast everytime I throw my leg over it.

I'm 34, live in Wollongong NSW, and we have lots of fun, twisty country roads around here!

I have been lurking in the background of this forum for a little while and have found it very educational... so far everything I have wanted to ask has been asked by someone already.

I have also not noticed that since I bought my bike, all cars have now had their rear-view mirrors and speedos removed!!

Anyway just wanted to say hi, and will no doubt get to posting a bunch of dumb questions soon.

2. Hey fellow newbie.

Tis always a good feeling when you throw the leg over (LOL!!)
    Stay safe now that the weather is getting worse and enjoy it every moment you can
  3. gday gronk, enjoy your time here and join in on some group rides, great fun :)
  4. From one noob and CBF250 owner to another... welcome!
  5. Great feeling, de-lurking, isn't it? :grin:

Welcome to NR, Gronked :grin:

psssst! don't forget to post some bike pics
    (after your 6th post) or the PicMonster might nab you! :eek:

6. Welcome from another Woollen Gonger :LOL:.
  7. Thanks for the welcomes everyone, it's nice to join a friendly forum :)

I will get a pic up as soon as my PC has been fixed and I can stopping bugging my flatmate to use theirs! Not that my bike is anything spectacular to look at, but hey bike pics are bike pics!

As for group rides, sounds like fun... sometimes when I'm out on a random ride somewhere and I wind up behind another rider I'll try to see if I can keep pace with them through the windy bits... but I never can.
  8. come again? :shock: u havnt been here long enough yet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :grin:

obviously this is called sarcasm
  9. welcome to NR gronked
    dont be afraid to ask questions on here, it dosent really hurt when you get flamed.