Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from another new member......

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by anh_rae, Feb 26, 2007.

1. G'day,

I've been watching for a few days, and decided to take the plunge and join...So hello all

We often ride 2-up on a 2002 (red - what other colour is there?) VFR800, although last year bought my partner a "learners course" as a birthday present - Now we have a second bike (1999 GPX 250) in the garage and even less room for all my tools :)

Look forward to learning from, riding with and meeting new people.

2. Welcome to the forums Rae :cool:

The solution to lack of storage is to just get another shed :wink:
  3. Good morning and welcome Rae. How we envy you, just at the start of the fabulous Putty Road!!!
  4. Theres bright Yellow :)

Welcome to our mad world :)
  5. Welcome Rae, hope you enjoy.
  6. Hey Rae :grin: Welcome to the forums.

Be careful, it's addictive :shock:
  7. Welcome anh_rae :grin:
  8. Welcome to NR! Good that you're getting that weight off the back of your bike and onto her own bike :wink:
  9. Thank you one & all for the warm welcome wishes - Should have joined sooner rather then later!!!

Funny thing about living so close to the Putty road - Always looking for somewhere else to ride! But there is no shortage of places - Its a great ride out to Lithgow along Bells Line of Road, and then back along the Gt. Western hwy , through Springwood & Yarramundi, or through Penrith and Campbelltown via Northern rd and then out along the old Hume hwy to Picton/Mittagong or through to Berowra waters ferry through Dural/Annangrove, up to Mt White/Peats ridge & back through Wisemans Ferry.......or shorter rides through Kurrajong/Colo/Wilberforce -The list go's on & on ! Is there a forum or other location where members post their favourite ride/routes?

I sometimes miss the weight on the back of my bike (as little as she is), but threatening to ride on the back of her bike always scores a great reaction :)

I'm guessing that there are people out there who might like to come on rides to some of these places - I look forward to hearing from you! Perhaps someone might let me know how rides are posted or organised on NR??

Thanks again, and ride safe.