Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from Adelaide

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by vanman37, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Hi Everyone

I'm living in the south of Adelaide and have been riding my Daytona 675 for a few months now, having previously parted company with a Sprint 900.

I'm always looking for other riders to spend a few hours or a day with and I'm flexible either weekends or weekdays.

I'm no racer and consider myself to have average ability.

Hope to meet some of you sometime.

2. welcome mate.

thats the most active Adelaide thread.

we have a many bikes from kwakas/honda 250s to triumph triples up to litre+ bikes out each week.

join us on a Wednesday evening ride, and dinner afterwards, or one of hte many weekend rides posted or mentioned.
  3. Hi Darryl, welcome mate, What Del said, we are fairly active ride wise and we usually post meeting times and places on the forum and if you want to P.M.your email address I will put you on the mailing list for rides, Nice bike the 675 what colour have you got? My mate who rides with us has the Graphite one and its one sexy machine
  4. Hi Darryl, welcome to the forum. Why the change from the Sprint to the 675?
  5. I ask myself the same question. The sprint had its great points and so does the 675. At the end of the day, I only really used the full potential of the 900 on the occasional long trip to Phillip Island or country SA, whereas the 675 suits for a greater percentage of my riding - commute, hills, runs with mates, etc.

When I finally get off my @ss and sign up for a roadskills course then I'll be able to enjoy it on the track as well.
  6. I've seen a graphite occasionally down cement hill and through Coromandel valley - maybe it's your mate. Tell him about the triumph675 forum, which has a small Adelaide contingent too. I've met 2 other Adelaide riders in this way.

I have the scorched yellow - pretty stock standards except for an aftermarket pipe.
  7. Can't PM until I've made 15 posts! Grrr
  8. Could be him he spends alot of time in the hills and there are not to many Graphite ones around, I have told him about the 675 forum but he isnt real big on computers I think he prefers to be riding instead,funny about that, the P.M. thing is a bit of a pain but its only 15 posts I recon you can do them pretty quick if you put your mind to it.
  9. The Adelaide Brigade have already made you welcome at home, Darryl, let me add a Wollongong welcome as well :).
  10. welcome :newb:
  11. Welcome darryl, hope you enjoy.
  12. Thanks Paul

Never been to the 'Gong, but it's on my list of places to visit.
  13. Welcome Adelaidian :grin: