Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from a newly licensed noob =)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by LeMMin9, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Well I thought I'd better introduce myself seeing as I've been hanging around the forums for a couple of weeks now!

I went and got my L's with Stay Upright in Hoppers Crossing the weekend of the 7th and 8th of January! Our instructor Steven was great and really seemed to enjoy passing on his riding knowledge in the short time we had.

I'm a Geelong based member (can't call myself a rider yet cos I haven't got a bike as of yet :( ) Been wanting to get my license for a long time but could never afford to get a bike as well, but times have changed and now I can afford to do it! HOORAY!

Very keen to get a bike and get riding, hopefully will have a bike within the next two weeks, all going to plan!!! YAY :LOL:

Will be trawling through here each day to keep up with all things to di with bikes and other interesting topics discussed, and after a few months of getting to know my bike I will come on a ride with fellow NetRiders!!

See you round all :p
  2. Congrats on the license and achieving what is obviously a goal you set for yourself a considerable amount of time ago.

If you need any help or have any queries in regards to first bike shopping feel free to trawl through the thousands of previous threads on learner bikes then start up another one for youself. :wink: :grin:

Look forward to seeing another happy rider on the roads.
  3. Welcome and congrats mate, hope it doesn't take you too long to find a bike (the wait can be frustrating).
  4. Oh yes, already found that out! A mate came round with his bike the other day and I had to get a bucket and catch my drool, I was itching to get out and ride, then I remember "Wait, I dont have a bike.....F***!" :LOL:

Soon enough I will have one and then I will probably need to have it surgically removed, hahaha
  5. The worst part is when you've actually bought the bike, but have to wait a day or so to pick it up (damn RWC and paperwork).
  6. Congratulations and welcome to the world's most wonderful madness!
  7. What bike are you shopping for?

Welcome :)
  8. Drinks all round, congrats bud!
  9. Thanks for the welcomes all!!!
    and livingstonest I like your idea, we just have to get the drinks out of the way before I get my bike, cos then I cant be drinking, gotta stay 0.00 hahaha :LOL:

I've always loved the full fairing sports bikes, not the smartest thing for a learner I know, but I want to get a bike I'm happy with for the first bike as I'll have it for 2 years most probably.
    I have looked around, ZZR250, GPX250, Across, CBR250RR and the likes and was initially going to focus on a CBR. Then chatting with other bike enthusiasts I was informed that the CBR is built for 'little people', not really suited to me as I'm a good 6'4 and all legs!!
    I took myself into Sumoto last Thurday and sat on all they're bikes (and that's all I was going to do after reading some shocking stories here :shock: )
    Found that the only I fit and was comfortable on was the Hornet. Not a bad looking bike, good size, but not really where my passion lies.

After being worded up, on friday I then went into Peter Stevens in Geelong and had a look at the Hyosung GT250R. I've got to say it certainly impressed me. Fantastic size, comfortable riding position and my legs felt great up on the pegs, plenty of room to move and adjust myself as needed.

I have read through the thread here about them and through the mixed reports I'm willing to make the investment.

Hoping to negotiaite a good price with the guys in Peter Stevens, they already give 10% off the gear you buy when purchasing a bike so that will be good, but I'm also hoping that the color of a cash sale will wet their whistles and allow me to drive the price a little lower :grin:

Will keep you posted with the progressions of my bike buying adventures!!
  10. Pleased to meet you lemming. I get down Werribee way a bit because thats where my family is so next time i'm there on the bike we better go for a squirt.
  11. Go 2 bed ya night owl :grin:
  12. But then I might miss out on something :LOL:
  13. welcome to the site :)
  14. :grin: Ben

I'll be going to bed in next few mins..
  15. Can't go to bed. As soon as i'm asleep the voices will start. (Ben get up and go to work you lazy bastard...........) :LOL: