Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from a new member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Si, May 20, 2007.

1. Hi, Si here.

I've just started riding in the last month or two. I have a postie bike at the moment to learn on, and eventually, when finances allow, I'll move up to something bigger. Postie bikes are ideal for learner riders, they're incredibly maneuvrable, go well at low speeds, and after a nuclear war, there'll just be cockroaches, and they'll be riding ct110s. You can't kill these things with a stick. Probably not suited to those who prefer doing 350 through a school zone on one wheel though, and you have to not care what other people think.

Anyway, I've had my first taste of two wheels and I'm not going back.

I live in Sydney's outer west, have a wife and a bunch of kids, and I work in a university library.

2. welcome mate,

the old ct110s are indistructable!! well for normal usage..

learn as much as u can from it before u upgrade.

keep riding and hope u enjoy the site :)

3. ct's ROCK!!! :grin:

Welcome and enjoy the chatter!

4. hello and welcome, Si. You should have a think about the Posti Bike Challenge; it would be a good way of getting lots of experience very quickly!!!

By the way, stick your state location in your profile so we know which one of the stupid state laws you come under when you start asking about learner rules, upgrades etc :wink:.
  5. welcome to the forum
  6. Welcome mate!

Gota love ya attitude there, who cares what other people think - throw on your leathers and dome, tuck in low and enjoy the adrenalin rush that only a postie bike can give!!!

btw - are they clutchless 4 geared step-throughs?
  7. Ramjet: Yeah they're clutchless, 4 gears. I don't know if you'd call it a step-through though. They're not like a scooter where you have a floor between the seat and the front wheel, but they do dip down in the middle and the petrol tank is under the seat. I think that's for extra luggage space for the posties.
  8. Hop-through!!! :LOL:
  9. Hi there Si welcome, you and me both are new to this so hope you have as much fun as I plan on having on two wheels :grin:
  10. Hi Si

Welcome to the forums, safe riding.

Red :)