Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello from a new member - SE Qld

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by david1300, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hi all, and hello from a new member in SEQld. I'm a long-time rider and my wife is a long-time pillion, although she decided to get her own licence a few years ago at 50+ and now has her own FZ6 in the garage alongside my FZ1 and our FJR1300 (used when we tour or feel like riding 2-up). We've done touring in the USA and locally. I'll have a look around and see what interesting around here.

Oh, I also arrange some regular rides, and I'll post details of those too. The next one away from home coming up is the Annual FJROwners State of Origin Ride - now in it's 13th year. This year will be held in Armidale towards the end of November. More details will follow.
  2. Howdy and welcome to NR :)
  3. Welcome to NR...

What year is the FZ1? Is it the Naked version?
  4. G'day DavidDavid, welcome to Netrider. I like your avatar, no doubt riding out west in the US?
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Hi and welcome to NR. Will have to tell my mate about the FJR get together he's had one for quite a few years now.
  7. Thanks everyone for the welcomes. Much appreciated.

The FZ1 is '09 bought and registered in Jan 2010 - I should have said FZ1S - that would have told you it's not the naked - sorry about that.

And yep - that is a piccie from Bonneville 2013 when we were at the tail end of a 4-week tour in the USA. Speedweek was on with some really amazing vehicles of all types. We have another FJR stored in Salt Lake City which is our USA tour bike.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Here are some details. FJR Owners State of Origin | Facebook

I have posted in the rides section here but am just waiting for the posts to be approved.
  9. Thanks for the link but to be honest neither of us are on Facebook. In fact the mates favourite shirt to wear on rides is No I'm not on fcuking Facebook.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Oh, and although it shows only 1 attendee (me) there are somewhere between 10 and 20 booked. We don'r bother with a headcount until it comes to ordering shirts for those that want.
  11. To easy Thanks for that DavidDavid 1300