Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello friends

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by XRrider, Jan 30, 2016.

1. G'day guys and girls, been riding dirt bikes on and off since 1995 and now looking to get into road biking. I I currently have an XR400 and am after some suggestions for a road bike, I live near Nowra so am hoping the planned Shoalhaven Moto Complex gets the go-ahead soon.

2. Welcome aboard, any idea what style road riding your interested in?
    I'm guessing with the moto comment you want to get into the twisties.

3. Yes mate- I am looking at sports bikes, with the eventual goal of running a track bike. But the idea of jumping straight onto an R6 or similar didn't seem too sensible. I was considering an RVF400 but am still researching.

4. RVF400 sounds good. Something similar to that would be the CBR250rr, ZX-2R. Problem is that these bikes are quite old and you risk the fact of buying a bike that has been crashed many times by learners. I myself was going to purchase one of these but decided against it because of the conditions of the bikes. Some people even claim to have had the bike in storage for 10 years and only has 10,000km on the clock but a quick number plate search shows that it has had 11 registered owners since the bike was registered in 1999. Hmmm chances of that being in storage....... If you can find one in good condition that has genuine KM's and has been maintained well then go ahead.

Also welcome to NR.

5. Welcome to the forums....

6. Hi there XRider, welcome to the hubbub.

7. welcome aboard :)

8. Welcome :D

9. Welcome to NR

10. Thanks guys!