Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello, fresh from crashing my bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ajax_ayxh, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Hi All,

I'm 25, in Sydney and crashed my bike the day before new years :( Been lurking this forum for quite some time but felt this would be a way to keep me involved with bikes now that mine's sitting in the shop until the mechanics get back from holidays.

I got this bike (my first) and my Ls in June last year and definitely a big thank you to this forum for helping me understand learner's bikes and all the stuff that comes with it. I ended up with a beautiful black 07 GPX 250 with just over 14000km

I came away from the crash relatively unscathed, just some bruising, a loose shoulder and a crushed ego. In the coming days I'll make a post about it, and how my gear saved my ass (literally).
  2. Hello Alex, Not a good first post but I am glad you bounced and have no major injuries. When you feel like it it will be a good process to post the circumstances. Reviewing the incident can be a learning exercise for us all. Congratulations on de-lurking even if it is under bad circumstances.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. As above...

Hope you recover quickly...Bikes can be fixed.
  4. Sorry to hear about your bike, but it sounds like you are relatively ok, which is great. Welcome to NR by the way!
  5. Welcome to Netrider!... Sorry to hear about your accident but very glad you are ok! As Chris said, we can all learn from others experiences so when you are ready please share your (albeit unpleasant) experience with us.
  6. ajax_ayxhajax_ayxh glad too hear you are okay - bikes can be fixed!!! hopefully you will be back on two wheels sooner rather than later. Did you get checked over by your doctor - sometimes those hurts can take a couple of days to come to the fore :happy:
  7. Welcome Ajax, hope you can get bike back soon too.
  8. I know how you feel... Dropped my bike once from acceleration to fast on gravel (road bikes don't seem to like it) and a few weeks ago crashed badly into a ditch after a car thought they would cut the corner!!! Lucky for me only minor damage done to the bike and I only received muscle brushing both times!
  9. welcome aboard :) glad you are ok & heres hoping your back on the road soon