Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello forum members

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by geko104, May 3, 2007.

1. Hello Netrider Forum members I'm new to this forum and thought id introduce myself. I'm 40 and live in the Latrobe Valley Victoria. I wouldn't call myself a bike nut but love to get out for a cruise on my 2005 xvs100 custom now and again.

Bikes i have owned in order
    Deltek Rockhopper(all ozzy bike"i think" with victa 125 engine)
    Honda Dax
    Honda ct110 agi bike
    Honda xl 185s
    Yamaha Yz 100 j
    Yamaha it 425
    Honda xl250
    Honda vtr 250 (when i got my learners)
    Kawasaki vn 750
    Yamaha xvs 1100 (current ride)

Other bikes i've ridden
    Kawasaki gpz 250
    Kawasaki z900
    Harley Davidson (bitts"n"pieces bike)
    Kawasaki kdx 200
    Yamaha it 490
    Yamaha tt350

ok ok so ive always had bikes, i bought my v star new 18 months ago and i have only clocked up 4000 kays on it. It'll be out of warranty before it even has 5000 kays on it the way i'm going. I've added a set of Vance and Hines slippons. Also love to go into the high country in my 4wd and go camping. Anyhow thanks for viewing my post!

:cool:

2. welcome to the forum.......to help out others, put your location in your profile.....

and i dunno what makes a bike nut if someone whose owned as many as you doesn't count????????? :p

have fun here.

3. Woops ok thanks kezza, profile up dated ill get some pics up soon

4. hey no worries - it makes it easier for people to help out when you ask questions....

have fun....

5. G'day from Sale. Look forward to seeing you around if we can get a gippy ride/coffee thing going.

6. Hi Geko and welcome to the Forum.

I'm a newby too.

What are you thoughts and experiences with the Kwaka VN 750? What year was yours? How did it handle? How easy was it to get parts? Any major flaws? :)

7. I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!!!

Welcome to the friendly forum :).

8. Re: Hi Geko and welcome to the Forum.

other than the obvious ones...lacking an italian designed and made chasis, missing a Ducati built engine and sound...no Ducati badging or decals on the Ducati designed body....
    :rofl:
    only joking

Hey geko104 welcome! sounds like you know your bikes huh.

well glad to have you with us, i might see you out sometime on an interstate ride meet or something, or atleast see you around the forum.

Oh and you might not call yourself a bike nut, but geko104 mate, we sure as hell will!