Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello...? (First Post)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Slider, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Hey there!

A fellow biker at the lights referred me to this site... its great to see so many people 'learning the craft'.

I've been doing a little learning (the hard way) myself! I've had my Suzuki RGV 250R for just on 3 weeks and already she is in the workshop...combination of inexperience and shoddy roads :cry:

Now you know why I used slider as my username... :wink:

Anyway...hopefully I will be back out on the road in a week or two :LOL:
    Look forward to meeting and catching up with you guys soon!

2. Welcome and Enjoy!
  3. Heya,

Welcome aboard. Somebody at a set of lights referred you to this site? Now that's pretty good advertising :D Anyway everybody learns from mistakes so I'm sure you will be fine.

Have fun and stay save,

Lisa :twisted: :p
  4. Hey becareful out there on the roads/streets ... its dangerous!!

Slider the idea is to stay upright, so take care.

Welcome, hope you enjoy this site, excellent people.
  5. heya slider
    welcome to the forum

bad news about the off, hopefully it will be a rare occurance :shock:

keep riding

6. Group Hug! :)
  7. Welcome, Slider! :)

Don't let that little mishap put you off... it's called a learning experience and once it's behind you there are plenty of great roads in front of you.

Great to have you with us and hope you're back on the road soon!

8. Welcome to the forum Slider :D
  9. Hi Slider, welcome!! Good to see you're philosophical about your little learning experience.
  10. Slider eh? Then I'd better change my username to Splatter :)
    Pleased to meetcha Slider.

11. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Nice one Mark.

Welcome slider. Used to have an RGV myself. They can ndeed be a challenge to ride. Hope you are back up and on track soon.

12. Hello Slider, welcome to the show.
  13. Welcome to the forums. \:D/
  14. Gday mate and welcome to the site.
  15. Welcome Slider to the forums and club 'off' but glad you're ok and keen to get back on it :)
  16. Welcome!

Don't feel bad about your off. In the first week of having my bike (had it 1.5 weeks now...), I dropped it AND crashed it. It's all in the name of fun and lifestyle. Just gotta get back on and start again........ :)
  17. Every drop is a lesson
  18. I'll drink to that I was behind him but Mark proved my emergency stop is good! I've also done the grass surf, drop in my driveway & if you read the Sydney ride report drop at the roundabout! but we (me & Bond) just keep on keeping on! btw welcome to the forum! if you're looking for a riding partner who is a nervous (but getting better) nellie pm me!

Oh god just had a sudden thought b4 I do a groberts are you in Melb? I can't scroll back!
  19. oh cool Montrose, my best friend lives in Kalorama so if ya want to do a Dandy ranges run I'm sure we could get a group ride happening!