Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello fellow forum members

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by tothoseofus, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Hi all,
    Been a member here for over a year, but have only just bought my first bike so thought it about time to introduce my self.

I've just bought a 2010 Yamaha Fz6r as my lams bike. Loving the low end, but with the top end the throttle restrictor limits passing in 6th.

Did my first "work" on her this week, replacing the windscreen and installing a speedo healer. Surprisingly simple.

Btw. I'm outside Bundy, Qld.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey the tothoseofustothoseofus and great to see you got yourself a real rum of a ride there ;)
    And got your hands dirty already...good work! :)
  3. Thanks OldMate.
    Just waiting for the frame sliders to arrive, that will be a little more challenging to install.
  4. Sorry spelling. OldMaid, not OldMate
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Been called worse trust me! ;)
  6. G'day KenKen, welcome to Netrider. I've got the un-faired equivalent of the FZ6R, the XJ6. Frame sliders (Oggy Knobs) were the first modification I made to my bike - haven't used them...yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nor will you! Akin to carrying an umbrella me thinks or could be thunk at the moment... ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I like the confidence of your response Oldmaid! It'll be a few months later than when you're onto an unrestricted license, but I want to be able to sell mine scratch-free!
  9. I don't plan on using the sliders either. Just a saftey net of sorts.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. #10 tothoseofus, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    Here she is, when I picked her up.
    (Edit: still trying yo get this image posting working
    Second edit: working now)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome to NR..

Is Yamaha.
    Is good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. welcome aboard :]