Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by maddog, Mar 24, 2006.

1. hello all :) I am long time reader first time poster here. I was out of the saddle for a while ( 6 years), decided i wanted to ride again, bought a cx500, then decided after all these years i should get my licence :oops: did the Q ride, now i am riding a cbx750f and she is a great ol girl. Thoroughly enjoying myself out riding :) Here is a pic of my little girl, she is dirty in the pic but not now, all shiney :cool:

2. Hello to you too! :grin:

The pic doesn't work. There's no need for the "" Just right click on the image and...: :) Hey, it works now, no matter. :grin:
  3. welcome to netrider you in bris ?
  4. Hey mate, is the Q ride a worthy thing to do? my wife is going to do it soon.
  5. welcome
    but what is a q ride?
  6. Q ride is a Queensland Australia training program designed to educate riders getting there motorcycle liencse to be able to ride a decent size motorcycle straight off instead of getting there learners and being restricted to 250cc
  7. thats good
    i like that idea but its a power to weight thing yeah?
  8. I heard the Harley shop in Queensland, Wacker and Morgan initiated that idea, as a way of getting more bums on Hogs.
    Having seen numerous people start off on Harleys in the USA when I was there I cannot recommend starting on a bike with massive weight and large engine capacity.
    Imagine having a Fat Boy Harley as your learner bike, or worse yet a Hyabusa!
  9. hey all, so many replies already :shock:

Hey bugcatcher,
    Q ride was pretty good, they take you through the basics and some emergency braking procedures, quick turns etc like going around pot holes or around a dog or something like that etc. I just did the evaluation side of it and i thought it was fun :) I did mine through team moto down moss street. Basically Q ride allows you to get unrestricted bike licence straight off the bat if you have held your car licence for 3 years i think it is and you have a motor bike learners permit. No power to weight deal troy :wink:

I am in brisbane Dante

hey seany, thanks, yeah i worked it out, first i posted and then did not show up, after the 5th attempt she worked :oops:

definately Jaqhama! Its scarey when i hear about people who do the Q ride, never riden in their life and go out and buy an R1 as their first bike :shock: I know one person who did do this, its now for sale and surprisingly in one piece still :shock: I think he scared himself and now doesn't want to ride no more. I offered him my bike and $300 but he said no :oops: :LOL:
  10. dammm
    thats a good idea and a bad one as well...
    starting biking on a R1....it could be very scary :shock:
  11. Welcome maddog.
    Queensland would certainly be conducive to happy riding. :)
    Have fun riding and stay safe. :grin:
  12. Hi there and welcome maddog!!

:grin: :grin:
  13. Welcome!

It's amazing how much background info you learn on netrider..

Easily the most effective & efficient piece of safety equipment I have invested in!
  14. definately troy, i mean i would love an R6 but an R1 :shock: I have been riding motor bikes all my life on and off (thinking about it, probably more off than on hehe) , but i would not be in a big rush to get onto one of those monsters.

Thanks pink angel, you too!

hi Lids :grin:

I have gone through so many posts on here cam77 and your not wrong, a lot of good stuff on here :grin:
  15. N.T has a similar program. Do a M.E.T.A.L course and you can get an unrestricted power licence. Still have pillion and booze restrictions for first year though.
  16. i dont remember the guy at Qride telling me about the pillion passenger for a year? probably is right but i am a selfish rider, i like to have the bike to myself ;)
  17. Fo' shizzle.

Thats how i am on my VFR. :)

Only a couple of weeks to go now and i lose all restrictions. I think i'll have to pcik up the rate of cruising for hotties. :p