Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by gret, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Hello
    I am a long time rider. I have just bought a Yamaha XVS1300, my first cruiser and so far I am loving it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hello and welcome gretgret. Beautiful bike! What have you been riding before getting your first cruiser?
  4. I started riding Bultaco's, Sherpa T 325 was my first real bike and was was folowed by a large number of Frontera's and Pursangs before developing a love of Yamaha dirt bikes. That was in my late teens and early twenties and also had numerous road bikes at the same time, including a Hailwood, GSX1100 and Honda VF1000R. at the moment I have a Honda CB1300S, the model with the red frame and gold wheels.....it is bit old world and I love it.
    I am uncertian how to navaigate around the site yet so aplogies if you have posted this, but what are you riding? have you been at it long? I have just turned 60 and still have hair which is grey.....but no one can see that until I take my helmet off.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Hey gretgret, we are all young under the helmet anyway ;) You ride, that's the best way to stay young. I'd love to see the pic of your CB1300S, maybe you can share it with us as well as your yummy Yamma on a Showcase thread.

I just got into riding, still on my L's. Like many on here, wanted to ride a bike for ages but life kept coming in the way. I started with Honda CBR500RA, it's very nice learner bike and looks after me well. Heaps to learn, and I find folks on here to be very supportive and this forum to be wealth of knowledge.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Gret, your account will need to upgrade to member status before you have image posting and showcase access. This shouldn't take long, engage in some threads and within a couple of days it should update. The banner under your Avatar will change to orange when that happens.
  7. Welcome to Netrider Gret!
    I am new here too and still trying to navigate the site :)
    The people on here are fantastic and very helpful, they made me feel very welcome and very happy to be back in bikerland! :)
  8. welcome aboard :] congrats on the new bike
  9. G'day gretgret and welcome to Netrider.
  10. Welcome to NR..

Congrats on the new bike from me as well...