Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Deon, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Hello,

My name is Deon and I'm am very new to motorbike riding. I currently live in freshwater and I got my l's about a month ago (the pre learner course is the most I'd ever ridden a motorbike) purchased a little cbf250 and some gear and so far I've ventured around my block practising u turns and round abouts and gear changes. My goal is to eventually be able to ride to work which is about 40 minutes away. Anyway that's my journey so far. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and asking you all stupid questions :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Howdy, welcome aboard, are we talking Freshwater in Cairns or in NSW ?

3. NSW. There is a freshwater in Cairns that's cool!

4. No it's usually hot :)

5. You must be a dad with jokes like those Haha :)

6. Welcome bud :)

7. welcome aboard :]

8. Are you planning to move to sea water any time soon?

Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:

9. Dead give away isn't it :)

10. Welcome fresh rider from fresh water!

Remember.. Practice... Practice...

There's a lot of info from new riders and experienced riders on these forums... Read up and utilise that knowledge in your riding...

11. welcome to the world of dodgem cars

12. Hey thanks for the welcome guys. Yup I'm just talking things slow and building up my skills and confidence. I'm reading a lot of info on counter steering, emergency breaking what causes high and low side crashes and I'm trying to practice slow speed manoeuvring. And tight u turns. So far so good. Is there anything else I should look at, learn about or anything. Oh I'm also practising emergency breaking. I'm on my phone so sorry about the typos.

13. Hi @Deon@Deon. I'm currently stuck in the UK for a few weeks but normally live up the road from you (relatively speaking). If you need help with your riding I'll be available soon. There's a few other riders in our region of all skill levels and ages so don't be scared of asking "dumb" questions - we're here to help and on occasion we ride out together on L P and advanced friendly trips.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome aboard Deon, ask away plenty of good people on here who are more than happy to help.

Cheers Jeremy

15. Hey mate, am on the north shore but venture over your way regularly for rides.

16. Awesome :) well I'm not confident enough just yet to ride in traffic or over 60 but when I am I'll let you guys know. A group ride sounds fun :) all this rain keeps me off the bike currently. I'm thinking of just Sucking it up and riding in the rain, but we shall see.

17. Best advice I was given is take your time. Practise on roads you know.

18. Yup, so far I've progressed from around the block to the adjoining suburbs and in light traffic. And I started wearing ear plugs, so good!