Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Blatz, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Hi everyone.
    I've just moved in to Adelaide and will shortly be purchasing a new bike. I've been on two wheels for a little over a year now.
    The bike at the top of my list is the new Honda CB400. Looks like it will be a great way to get to know my surroundings here while I develop my riding skill. I haven't yet heard anything bad about them.

Have had a brief look over the forums and it looks like a well established site with a lot of followers!

Are there any local rides or groups that can be suggested? I used to be a part of a local group which had weekly meets where things like low speed skill were covered as well as casual group rides.

2. The CB-400 IS a great little ride; I remember meeting up with a retired "A"-Grade road-racer on a ride last year; he has his wife's CB-400 in preference to his own unrestricted steed, said he LOVED it!

3. Sounds like I've got something to look forward to. I'll be going for a test ride in the next week or so.
    I can't justify buying a 600 supersports for the casual weekend ride and commuting. There is no way the bike can be used to it's potential without loosing your license or worse. I mean who wants to be stuck in gears 1 and 2 all day?

4. G'day! I ride the CB400 too. Great bike :)